Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Being a Soccer mom

So I have been stewing the last few days over an incident that happened at Dawson's soccer game on Saturday. So, Dawson was waiting to play in the game and quarter after quarter was going by ( he did play about twominutes during the second quarter).......... So anyways one of the assistant coaches told him after yet again not playing him during the third quarter that he would go in next. So the fourth quarter begins and yet again she desn't put him in. So he's really upset and crying on the bench. So at this point I am slightly irritated, well more then slightly. (this league is for fun, everyone should be playing, especially since her son practically played the whole game) So anyways I go up to the assistant coach and ask her why she isn't playing Dawson and she says he doesn't want to play. In my mind I am like, are you kidding me I have watched him ask you every quarter........). I nicely explain that he does want to play and is really upset. So she goes over to him and tells him to take off his sweatshirt if he wants to play. So he is trying to pull himself togeether and she's like "if you don't take off your sweatshirt now you can forget it and this this is your last chance."" Then her next comment is quit crying like a baby and be a big boy. " I was seriously boiling, it took everything in me to walk away and turn my back to pull myself together. So, tonight is practice and I wonder if I should say something or just let it go? I have a hard time not being confrontational in situations like these....

2 comments:

MikeNat&Co said...

I would so say something! That Lady was so out of line. You don't talk to a child like that. Maybe if he was playing high school football or soccor, but not a "just for fun team." I say tell her how you feel and that she had no right to talk to Dawson that way! That's just me though:) You do what you feel is best...
Natalie

The Harry Herald said...

This comment is rather tardy, but BE CONFRONTATIONAL! I would anyway. :)