Monday, February 11, 2008

We look like a crazy bunch!

As I said before we look like a crazy bunch! Seriously we took about ten of the same shot and they all are somewhat weird! (Kenneth was behind the lens and Chris was in his usual spot of late, asleep on the couch). So this past week Dawson turned 9 years old. That is so crazy to me. My, I mean our little man is 9. Where did the time go? It seems just like yesterday I was pregnant living in what Bonnie called the "love shack" with my beloved Kenneth sicker then I believe anyone has ever been pregnant. At least that is what it felt like to me. But it all was so worth it because I have the most amazing intelligent little man in the world!

Obviously from the pic above I was not blessed with my mothers amazing cake decorating abilities. But I am creative with ingredients and it so good and definitely not on my diet plan! Dawson really seemed to have a great birthday and enjoyed all of his gifts. Late in January I had asked him what he wanted for his birthday? I was completely in awe of him when he asked for scriptures. My nine year old son wanted scriptures for his birthday. Either he totally knows already how to manipulate the gift giving system or was completely sincere. I believe the latter though! I guess it means that Kenneth and I are doing something right. (Even though sometimes it feels like we are completely screwing up!)
But when I look at my children and see how amazing they are, and how compassionate, friendly and accepting of others they are I realize that they really are learning. Obvioulsy they aren't completely perfect, even though I like to think they are. Everyday life brings new challenges, but then so many blessings to! I know someone is watching us and helping to guide through this life. I am so grateful for that!

No comments: