Monday, October 20, 2008

My First Genealogy outing


As most of you who follow my blog early this year I became completely and utterly involved in Genealogy! It has become a serious passion for me. So yesterday afternoon I went on my first outing. It's intersting how my immediate family has only lived in this area of upstate New York give or take 15 years. (I grew up primarily in NJ)

The past few weeks I have been focusing on the clark side of my family which falls on my mom's side and come to find out my great grandmother's uncle was married to his wife at a beautiful old church about twenty minutes from my home. It's so strange that a I am finding direct descendants so close to where we presently reside and what was even cooler is that this church is actually located not to far from Kenneth's grandmother's old home. I wonder if our families crossed paths............. I was really excited to go there on such a beautiful fall afternoon!

No comments: