Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ashlyn's Birthday Party

Ashlyn and my nephew Anthony celebrating their birthdays together!
Ashlyn and one of her bestfriends Lexie Did you notice the front of the cake. Little fingers or should I say several fingers were in it!

Dawson ( my blond little man!) with his Cousin Anthony


Ashlyn the two Lexies and Dawson!



The whole crew of them!




Aren't they the cutest group!





Ashlyn's cake, unfortunately I am not a cake decorator. So in place of the normal decor I added shimmer blush and lip gloss as an accent!


One of the layers predecorated. This cake was incredible, it is called a buttermilk lemon curd cake! (The cookbook I got the recipe out of is Baking American Style) It was delicious! I used a different lemon curd recipe then the one in the book because I have a favorite recipe of my own!
1 stick of unsalted butter
3/4 cup od sugar
3 tablespoons of grated lemon zest
1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
pinch of salt
6 eggs yolks
Melt the butter in a heavy sauce pan over medium heat, whisk in sugar, zest, lemon juice and salt. Whisk in the yolks till smooth! Cook the mixture stirring constantly till mixture thickens. Do not allow it to boil! Let cool!

The cake had lemon curd in the center and was frosted in a combination of heavy cream and lemon curd. Yummmm!

Ashlyn had a really great 8th birthday party and is excited to be baptized in two weeks! We combined her party with her cousin Anthony's since the family was getting together and Kenneth's dad leaves in his RV in just a couple of weeks!
She loved all her gifts, ranging from crafts to girly girl crush hair extensions and a Hannah Montana temporary hair color kit. Oh I can't forget to plug her new Jonas Brothers CD. It wasn't bad and it's been playing in the family van the last few days!
















No comments: