Tuesday, December 16, 2008

NYC and the other events of this past weekend

Derek and Casey at Rockefeller Center
Kenneth and I in Rockefeller Center. It was a cold day but al the walking we did kept us warm!


The Bryant Park tree
The green M&M. She's my favorite!

Kenneth and I in front of the tree in Rockefeller Center
A cute french restaurant that Steve made reservations for us at. I kind of felt like a celebrity because when we went there, there were a lot of people waiting for tables and I told the host that we had reservations for two an dhe stated they did not make reservations for two, then I told him who we were and he went to out back and then seated us. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere good! We wereserved quickly and the waitress was friendly!

Even though I am not catholic I have always enjoyed the candles people light ofr their loved ones. I honestly do not know alot about why it's done, but receive a certain comfort from it. It reminds me of my Great Grandmother Marie and the masses I would attend with her as a child while visitting with her.


The Nativity at Saint Patrick's Cathedral. If you look you will notice that the baby Jesus is not in his Manger. We were told he is placed there on Christmas day. I think that is just beautiful! Saint Patrick's Cathedral
We enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the city and walking all over Midtown. Honestly we did not get much shopping done but we saw everything. I can't believe it has taken us so long to get down there together. All in all the trip was a success!
PS
Now the not so great news. Kenneth and I and our kids got into an accident with the van on Sunday. Thanksfully no one was hurt, but it looks like our van is not in as good of shape as it appeared. So it looks like we may be looking for a new vehicle. Ahhhh! Not really what I want to be doing nine days before Christmas.




















No comments: