Friday, January 2, 2009

Hmmm Hmmm good (hit recipe for me this holiday season)

Sweet potato casserole. I know what you are all thinking not another recipe full of marshmellows and nuts (yuck!). Seriously I have never been a huge fan of sweet potato's unless they are served in their true form. But this recipe iincredible and I was complimented dozens and dozens of times about how yummy it was. Enjoy!

3 Cups Sweet potato (I used fresh, but you can use a 40 oz can if you so choose)
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup condensed milk
2/3 Cup butter melted
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Coconut
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup flour

* I mixed this up up in my food processor. It made the potato's super creamy!
Add the two eggs, potato, sugar, condensed milk, 1/3 Cup of the melted butter, and vanilla. Send it for a whirl!
Pour ingrediants into an 8 in. sq. pan.
mix coconut, brown sugar and remaining butter. Spread over the potato mixture.
Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees

No comments: