Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Dads

This past Saturday Kenneth's dad stopped in for a visit. It was nice to see him because he does not normally come around unless invited. That may sound harsh but it is a true statement. What was even more unusual was during Ken's visit my dad called. Stop the presses, MY DAD CALLED. HOLY MOLEY! I think the last time we spoke was early this past year when I had called him and I can honestly say I have no idea when he called me last. If you know anything about my dad he doesn't exist, well thats not true, he exists just not in our lives. It's always been that way since I was a small child. It was nice to hear from him and I love him no matter what. Like I said to him I am probably the most tolerant of his behavior. It saddens me that he doesn't know my children, my beautiful beautiful children and his grandchildren. But those are his choices.
So as I have been emotionally rambling I wanted to mention a little about Ken's visit. Honestly it was so nice! Ken brought Kenneth his fathers WWII flag and a wind up mantle clock. I thought that this was a wonderful gift to my husband and I know it meant alot to Kenneth. I truely appreciate gifts like these, seeing as I am a Genealogy fanatic!

1 comment:

MikeNat&Co said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! Your dad called you? I bet your heart stoped and your brain turned to mush for a few moments. Wow that's some news B. What did he have to say?
Natalie